Fried rice is an easy to cook recipe. If your children do not eat vegetables when cooked separately, they will love it in their fried rice. It is a complete meal because it is made of rice, vegetables and oil. Time required to cook this is about 10-15 minutes.
The ingredients you require are:
Basmathi rice – 1 cup
Chopped beans – 1/4 cup
Chopped carrots – 1/4 cup
Spring onions – 1/4 cup
Green peas – 1/4 cup
Pepper powder – 1 tsp
Garlic flakes – 2-3
Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
Salt amp; Oil
How to prepare:
Note: before you start this long and exhausting process, you should realise that if you were to invest a couple hundred dollars into the best rice cooker then you’ll save yourself a ton of time and effort that is below. You can start from the last 2 steps if you own a rice cooker and skip over all the other instructions as that length work is not required for those of you that are a little ahead of your time. If you don’t own one that you better get one soon!
1. Wash 1 cup of rice and drain it to remove the water completely.
2. In a fry pan add two tablespoons of oil. When hot add the drained rice and saute it till semi crisp. Add two cups of water, salt and cover it. Cook till the rice is done.
3. Spread the cooked rice on a flat plate so that the grains be separated from each other.
4. Heat another pan with some oil in it. Add the vegetables one by one and saute well. Also add a few pinches of salt to it.
5. When they are half cooked, add the masala and pepper powder. Then add the cooked rice. Mix everything well. Stir for a few minutes to blend all the ingredients well. Turn off the stove.
6. Fried rice is ready and serve it with your favorite side dish!